x
Admin

๐Ÿ‘‹ Welcome new Seller Community members ๐Ÿ‘‹ April 15

A warm welcome to everyone who joined the Seller Community in the past 7 days. I hope you are all well. 

If you have time, feel free to reply here to introduce yourself and your business. Weโ€™d love to learn more about you and how youโ€™re managing your business in these unusual times. 

As you explore the Seller Community you might like to check out our Business Resources board where weโ€™re sharing posts on a range of topics including:๐Ÿ“Announcing: Free Skillshare Membership for Square sellers and ๐Ÿ“š Quick Links: General Information and Resources for Business Owners.

Iโ€™m also happy to introduce our new Beta Manager for sellers in Canada, @MichelleSQ who is going to share a bit more about Squareโ€™s Beta Program and the Beta Community! 

If you have any questions click reply here to let me know. Stay safe.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi Helen! Thank you for the introduction ๐Ÿฅฐ

To everyone else, hello! Hope youโ€™re all keeping safe and well during these crazy times that weโ€™re all in. Iโ€™m super excited to introduce myself to everyone in this community.

Iโ€™m the new Beta Manager for Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ, and Iโ€™m looking forward to working closely with all of you! Iโ€™m primarily responsible for any beta program that is running in Canada, whether itโ€™s for a new feature or a new product. If you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to reach out to me directly. I canโ€™t wait to work closely with this community, and give you all a louder voice to directly influence our product roadmaps!

Cheers, and best wishes to you all,

Michelle

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 11
Admin

Tagging a few sellers who joined the Seller Community this week - welcome! Click Reply below to let us know about your business, or to ask Michelle any questions about Square's Beta program. 

@dellkeith 
@vegetate 

@uteyarnery 

@MiraTodo 

@tomomihaotoko1 

@karengoodeats 

@ThickNThin 

@Thepurpledoor 

@StitchRow 

@kayotics 

@Station16Pizza 

@Kranky 

@DeCorn 
@realrob 

@qafaycafe 

@CarveCreative 

@bencummings 

@Adam_Lan 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 11

Hi @Helen! Here's my story.

After using handmade bar soap for years, in 2017 I started making my own. After two years of experimentation, and friends and family suggesting that I sell some, I figured, hey, really I would just need to mix more oils into a bigger pot and pour it into a bigger mold, so that's what I started doing to build some stock.

A few months later,  registered a business name and set up a free Square site. My initial plan for my Square site was a place to list my products and to manage my inventory, but one day I would offer shipping. I would also use Square to process payments while at various local markets using the chip/tap card reader.

Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, I have had to change my strategy of selling in person at markets or on consignment at some local craft stores to doing delivery only. As I prepare to officially launch my soap delivery business, I am excited for Square's recent Pickup & Delivery options, but even more excited at the prospect of Square separating the Pickup & Delivery to allow for Delivery ONLY.

As a small business, making my product in my kitchen, I do not want, nor am I legally allowed, to have customers come to my house as that is in violation of bylaws. Therefore,

- I want to start with Delivery only.

- I want customers to come to my Square online store, make a purchase, and be explicitly told that the order is Delivery only - I will set deliver times to once a week (Saturday's between 11-2 PM).

- I also want to specify that orders under $30 will be charged a $5 delivery free, but orders $30 or more will be free delivery.

- Eventually, I would then like to enable on "Shipping" for my store.

- And if all goes well, and I end up with a physical location of my own (or a partnership with another local craft store), I could enable "Pickup" too.

- I also want to to hide my residential address from being displayed anywhere on my Square online store.

Cheers!

Message 4 of 11
Admin

Thanks so much for sharing your story @realrob! Do you have a Facebook/Instagram/other account where we can follow your business and see your soaps?

I undertand how important being able to offer delivery only is a this time and the Online Store team is working on it! The current workaround is to include a note in that pickup is not available. Thanks for all your feedback - really glad to have you here in the Seller Community! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 11

Message 6 of 11
Admin

Thank you! Oooh looks great - your packaging is great too! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 11
Admin

@realrob I have an update for you! With Square Online Store you can now offer delivery only. To follow the steps shown below go to Settings > Pickup & Delivery > toggle Accept pickup orders off.

original- (1) (1).gif

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 11

This is great! Very excited to be at the forefront of new square products. Just programmed my first square store online the other day, canโ€™t wait to see how else to incorporate square into my businesses ๐Ÿ˜Š hi Michelle! Thanks for spearheading this!

Message 9 of 11
Admin

Nice to meet you @Carver. If you're ready to share your store it would be great to learn more about your business! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

For those of you who are curious about Square's Beta Program, be sure to checkout this overview:

https://squareup.com/help/ca/en/article/5134-square-beta-program-overview

P.S. We're about to launch a global Beta Seller Community! More news on that to come soon ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿคซ

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 11