x
Admin

๐Ÿ‘‹ Welcome new Seller Community members ๐Ÿ‘‹

A quick note to say welcome and hello to everyone who has joined the Seller Community in the seven days. My name is Helen and Iโ€™m a Community Manager at Square. I hope youโ€™re all well. 

whale hello there.gif

If you have a chance to reply to this post please let us know a bit about your business (and/or share social media links!) and feel free to share which Point of Sale tools youโ€™ve been using the most in recent weeks. Are you using Square Terminal for contactless payments or have you been trying Square Invoices? Has Virtual Terminal helped when taking payments over the phone? (If you're new to Square I'd love to hear which tools you plan to use!)

In the  meantime here are a few links to help you get started with the Seller Community: 

If you have any questions click reply here to let me know. Stay safe.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Adding a few people who have joined but anyone is welcome to chime in. ๐Ÿ‘‹ Looking forward to hearing how you've been using Square recently, or how you are planning to use Square for your business.

@Steve-o_C 

@auntiedean 

@shoelessjoes 

@RedDamsel 

@omgkoneko 

@Indulgeicecream 

@maitreplatradit 

@HealthyMama 

@Jonny_Blonde 

@aspasiasstudio 

@HeartandSolFarm 

@GMOCC 

@Farm2Fire 

@BetterPainting 

@atlanticpewter 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 9

Hi @Helen , thanks for the welcome. I wondered if the community base had changed forums recently and yes, indeed, we're in beta mode.

We actually switched the web presence from the other big name guys to a Square shop because we found that the database for the wholesale line made it incredibly easy to integrate a retail shop without "reinventing the wheel".

The main purpose for our square tools, including the latest POS terminal is as a back-up for existing services which also allows us to be two places at once, and we can affordably accept AMEX for our clients. Our business, @atlanticpewter on instagram and facebook, has been primarily wholesale handcraft pewter items for over 20 years, and it was way beyond time to upgrade the invoicing system and make it accessible not just by desktop, but through phone, and tablet. Being somewhat familiar with Square through the POS products, we figured we'd test it out. The invoicing system works well for us, we can implement modifiers for size/colour/type of product easily, apply taxes by jurisdiction, and keep tabs on where the orders originated. As always, a bit of a learning curve to some aspects of it, but easy to use.

At this time, the free version of the Square site is working well for retail sales, and we're still learning to navigate the weebly interface. Way different experience than my old school html coding days so in some ways, it feels limiting, but in others, the versatility and ease to get fancy stuff done with a few mouse clicks is great. 

As this year progresses and I learn more about all the cool little bells and whistles behind the scenes at Square, I am sure our uses for it will expand.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Hello @atlanticpewter! Is this your Instagram profile? https://www.instagram.com/atlanticpewter/ Looks great! (I also take a number of 'shoefies'.)

Glad to hear you were able to get your Online Store set up, and start using Square Terminal and Square Invoices. Are you able to take in-person sales yet? Or do you usually attend jewellery shows/fairs to meet with wholesale clients? I hope those are back up and running soon or that some are trying to take them online. 

We're often in 'beta mode' around here in the Seller Community as we try new things and add new features! If you have any questions let me know!  

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 9

@Helen yes, that's us โ˜บ Thanks.

Yes, we've been using Square at retail since the magstripe reader first came out in Canada and then went to the tap reader and then to the new POS terminal when it came out. Love that piece of gear!

In New Brunswick, the retail art/craft show circuit is shut down for the rest of the year. Cancellations are abundant. I know that the farmers markets are trying to figure out how they will be able to operate based on current public gathering restrictions on 50 or more persons. Wholesale trade shows may possibly continue depending on the provincial regulations where the shows are held. Arts organizations and the regional craft councils are trying to build online events and exhibtions to attract audiences for the sector. At this time, i think a lot of us are hoping that working around Covid-19 is a short term problem, but it is going to change how we do business for years to come so finding solution oriented companies like Square helps. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least.

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@atlanticpewter Welcome to the Seller Community! I love how you shared about the farmer's markets - I feel that from our end in the United States as well where the weekly Farmer's Market next to my house has been cancelled due to gathering restrictions as well. 

I too hope that this bounces back quickly, but I'm happy that you've been able to find some solutions with us. As always, please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9
Admin

I think we're all hoping that Covid-19 restrictions are temporary but you're right - we'll have find new ways to operate in the meantime. My local farmers market is open but they only allow a certain number of people to enter at a time - so the queue can be very very long! (And even longer so folks can keep their distance!) 

Oh and glad I had the right Instagram profile ๐Ÿ˜บ I love this piece! I've wanted a sewing machine for years - I think the time has come. 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 9

Thank you @Helen . We also have this ornament:  https://atlanticpewter.square.site/product/sewing-machine/601 ๐Ÿ™‚

We're all adapting, and some days, it seems easier to adapt and adopt the changes than others, but we'll manage.

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Ooh that's fab! 

And yes, well said. We will manage! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 9