x

CAN I CHANGE AN ACCOUNT I SET UP IN MY NAME (NEVER USED) TO MY SON'S NAME?

HI:  I got a Square more than 5 years ago and began to set up an account, but I was never able to use the Square as it could not be hooked up to my trust account(I am a lawyer).  My son is now a busker and would like to use my Square.  Can I deactivate the account under my name and let him activate the Square under his name, with his bank account, etc.?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CYT1,

I see this is your first post! Welcome to The Seller Community.

Yes, you can deactivate your account, and your son start his own.  Below are steps on deactivating your account:

1. From your online Square Dashboard, go to Account & Settings.
  2. From the Personal Information tab, select Deactivate Account.
  3. Select your reason for deactivation and click Continue.
  4. Enter the verification code.

• If you have 2-Step Verification on your account, your verification code will either be texted to you or you can use your authenticator app.
  • If you do not have 2-Step Verification on your account, your verification code will be emailed to the email address associated with your Square Account.

5. Confirm deactivation by selecting Deactivate.

Please let us know if you have any more question. Happy or help 🙂

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi @CYT1,

Why not try transferring the ownership of your Square account to your son instead of deactivating your account and restart all over again? More details can be found at https://squareup.com/help/ca/en/article/7675-transfer-ownership-of-your-square-account 

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jerry

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Founder at JUSTSQUAREIT®
A Square Certified Web Design Agency
Need a website for your business? Create a Square Online website with us @JUSTSQUAREIT®
Message 3 of 3