x

Can I accept card payments in Spain?

Hi, 

I am not clear about a bit of information. Apparently I can buy a card reader in Spain, but will I be able to use it to accept card payments here?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Helen here with a short update for everyone in this thread: Square's Early Access Program is now accepting applications in Spain! 🎉  Learn more here in this post: El Programa de Acceso Anticipado de Square ya está disponible en España.

El Programa de Acceso Anticipado de Square

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

My business is in Spain 

my bank account in England

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I use the credit machine with customer in Spain and be paid to my English bank account.

Message 2 of 13
Square

Unfortunately not, @Ballardd

You can process international cards with Square while you're located the country where card processing is available and where you activated your account however we do require that you link a U.S. bank account. 

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Updated 2021.

Message 3 of 13

Hi Spenser, i just buy the contactless + chip cards in NYC but i am located in Spain. I tried to connect my device with all my tools (ipads, iphones...) but impossible to connect... 😞

Is it because i am located in Spain and we can't use it there ?

Thank you in advance 

Message 4 of 13

Hello @Charlotte08, currently Square Point of Sale is approved for credit card processing in the US, the UK, Ireland, Australia, Japan and France. Each country has it's own hardware as well, you won't be able to use your reader outside of the United States. 

Updated in 2021.

Message 5 of 13
Admin

Hey @Artemixius, welcome to the Community! 👋

Right now, Square Point of Sale is available in most countries on the Play Store and the App Store, but payments are only available in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland and France.

We're always working hard to bring payments to other countries, and you can check our International Availability page for updates! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 13

Hi I think I have similar issue.. I am using the sdk / api for my application. So the user of the application will pay me for the purchase using their credit card.

How can I receive the payment into my bank account?

Thank you,

Yohan

Message 7 of 13

Hello @tumpux

It's a requirement to be located in one of the countries @Seamus mentioned to process credit card payments. If you're located in a different country, you will only be able to use the system to record payments. 

Message 8 of 13

Hi. I am trying to set up Square in Spain. When I try to add a bank account via a web browser the screen turns grey but doesn't move on from there. I have tried several browsers with the same result.

I also downloaded the app on my phone (android) but there is no option within settings to link a bank account. What am I doing wrong?

Message 9 of 13
Admin

Hey @martyn1970,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment Square is available as a card payment processor for businesses in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan and the UK, Ireland and France. You can still use our free Point of Sale app to track your sales and run your business, however card payment processing won't be available. 

For taking payments in Spain you'd need to find a local card processor, sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 13

Hi I am based in Spain do you support payments here? 

Message 11 of 13
Admin

Hey @Monika888!

Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom, Ireland and France. We currently don’t support payment card processing outside of these countries or in U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Northern Mariana Islands. We’re working to bring payments processing to more markets and will share updates on squareup.com/news.

Thanks for checking 💫

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 12 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

Helen here with a short update for everyone in this thread: Square's Early Access Program is now accepting applications in Spain! 🎉  Learn more here in this post: El Programa de Acceso Anticipado de Square ya está disponible en España.

El Programa de Acceso Anticipado de Square

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 13 of 13