x

Can I filter a report by uncategorized items?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Cannot access uncategorized items

Somehow, possibly by a mistake I have created some items that show up on a sales report as 'Uncategorized'.  I tried to find them and assign a proper category or delete and re-create with a proper category, but I cannot access them.  When I go to 'Items' in the dashboard I can only display items by categories or all categories, but the 'Uncategorized' do not show up.  I will be grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Peter13 Hmm you're right there isn't a way to filter your Item Library by 'uncategorized'. 🤔

However, if you navigate to the Items section of your online Dashboard the Category column will be blank if there's no category assigned to it. If you have a small number of items you can can click on the name of an item without a category to assign one. 

But if you have a lot of items, you can Export your item library to a spreadsheet, assign categories to as many items in the 'Category' column of that spreadsheet, and then Import the file to your Dashboard. Importing the file will upload your changes to your library automatically. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @clarajanenash

Welcome back to our Seller Community! We hear your frustration, and completely understand the confusion surrounding the terminology and functionalities within the Square platform. It's important for us to clarify and simplify these processes to make your experience more straightforward.

Regarding the export of categories, Square offers a way to see/export your category sales from your Square Online Dashboard. At this time, our Item report does not seem to download a column providing you with a view of your Item category. However, we can confirm that your item categories are syncing from one platform to the other. 

To address this issue in detail, feel free to give us a call. We'd be more than happy to look into this closer with you. 

Your feedback is valuable, and Square is continually working to improve its user experience. We appreciate your patience, and I encourage you to get in touch with Square's support team for personalized assistance with this matter.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 22 of 22