x

Can square for retail be used for a consignment apparel boutique?

I am opening a resale boutique that focuses on quality apparel and gifts.  Every item has to be tracked with the eventuality being a split percentage going to customer or item being returned or donated or reverting to store ownership at the end of 2 or 3 months.  Can the SQUARE FOR RETAIL be used for inventory control in this kind of business?  if so how?  And if not what software program are you using?  If not, Do you recommend a software program?  Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Laneemb,

I'm not aware of any easy way to make it work as there just isn't any way with Square Retail or the free POS to track consignment. I know there are stores that use the category field to track consignors but then you lose an important aspect of tracking business performance - category sales tracking. There are also others who use Square as just the CC processor and then use another consignment program as well but that is very duplicative in work and inefficient in my opinion. There are also others who claim to work with Square but require the daily downloading and uploading of spreadsheet files from one software to another. 

Our software is the only one that integrates with Square using Square's developer APIs. We offer Rose Retail for 50/mo for basic consignment tracking and Rose Pro for $80/mo if you'd like your consignors to be able to log onto a portal to see their balance due and sold items. The Pro tier also includes our Kloudprint platform that makes remote printing from ANY device available and makes label printing easier with few clicks. 

We are offering a sale right now for new Spring customers - you get 30% discount for three months after your 30 day free trial period ends. That makes your first three paid months $35/mo or $56/mo depending on what tier you choose.

For more info, you can visit our website:  https://www.consignorconnect.com

Thanks,

Mike

Rose + Square = Changing the Shape of Consignment

Message 2 of 2