x

Can we remove AMEX and Discover card as a payment option online?

As a non-profit group, we do not want to accept AMEX (high fees) and Discover Card is not used in Canada. Can we remove these options from our online store checkout?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@bbqgtr20 - Since Amex and Discover are card brands Square automatically accepts, there's not a way to disable those card types. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Best Answer

@bbqgtr20 - Since Amex and Discover are card brands Square automatically accepts, there's not a way to disable those card types. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

Whlist I appreciate this, is there anyway this can be disabled as you're forcing businesses to offer the card as an option when they may not want to do so due to fees, yet you're not giving them the option to disable it.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @talder88 ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for posting. 

With Square you can accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, VPay and Maestro debit and credit cards. JCB, Discover and China Union Pay are not currently supported in the UK per this guide

These fees donโ€™t change regardless of how small or large a payment you take. Rest assured that you will only pay for Square when you use it.

All credit card company fees are included in our rates, so you wonโ€™t see any additional charges from these companies. Every card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc) is subject to the same flat rate. As always, Square does not charge any additional fees to the per-transaction fee.

Message 4 of 4