x

Do I need a barcode printer tag system? Does Square have that?

We are new business owners. We are going to have to tag all of our products.  Do we need a barcode printer?  We recently purchased the startup terminal and everything from Square.  What am I missing?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @SweetThreads! Congrats on your new business.

If you want to have bar code labels for all of your products, we do have an additional subscription, Square for Retail, which can help you do so. 

Square for Retail comes with features like bar code generation, inputting unit costs for your items, and vendor management. If you have the Square Terminal, you won't be able to run the Square for Retail software on it, but you can still use the subscription to create and print the bar code labels that you'll need. 

Should you decide to use Square for Retail and print bar code labels, there are the two label printers that we are compatible with:

1. Dymo Bar Code PrinterLabelWriter 450 - not very expensive printer (~$100) but the rolls of labels are more expensive.

2. Zebra Bar Code PrinterZD410 - goes for around (~$200-300) plus cost of labels.

Has our smallest label options (1x1 and 1.2x0.85) so jewelers, for example, will often go with Zebra.

Additionally, if you'll need a bar code scanner, here's a list of the ones that our Square systems and hardware is compatible with. 

I realize this is a lot of information, so feel free to reply in this thread or give us a call with any additional questions before you make a decision. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 5

thank you for your response!  I think I do need to talk to someone about this.  I think I need to add Square for retail.  We are planning to open in 3 weeks so time is short to get this sorted out.  I have received several items that I ordered from Square and that's great, but I may need help setting it all up and also adding Retail and figuring out how to create barcodes etc......Who can I call for assistance?

Erin

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey Erin, or @SweetThreads!

Please call our phone support team and ask to speak with the Square for Retail team. I used to be on that team, and I know any of them would be happy to help you! 

In case you haven't contacted us before, our number is (855) 700-6000 - but you'll also need your customer code.  The steps to look up your code are here. Feel free to tag me with any questions! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 5

Interested in the Square for Retail barcode generating, printing solution.  Is this list of compatable printers up to date for square stand and square register?

Message 5 of 5