x

Does the API support the ability to collect what items the customer purchased in a transaction?

I'd like to use the API to capture how many of a particular item an individual customer purchases over time. I was hoping the transaction detail would include the list and quantity of items for each transaction. I can't see to find this however. Is this supported?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Apologies for the delay @ryan123! I escalated this to our API team for you - and yes you can use the Orders API in conjunction with the Transactions API and Customers API to get itemization for your transactions per customer.

The steps you need to to take are as follows (Note - this assumes you have linked a customer_id and order_id to each transaction) :

1. Use the ListTransactions endpoint and loop through the transactions and pull out all the transactions that have the customer_id attributed to the transaction.
  2. Then retrieve all the order_ids from those transactions.
  3. Next, pass in those order_ids to the BatchRetrieveOrders endpoints to see the itemization breakdown that are associated with that individual customer.

Take a look at the Itemize Tranactions documentation and if you have any other questions please let us know! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

you can but it is not easy. You cannot pull transactions for customers without knowing order Id.

so you cannot say hey get me all orders for this customer. 

You should join the slack work space much more helpful

Message 3 of 3