x

Questions from a new Square for Restaurants user

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "For rest"

Hi I am new to square for restaurants and have a couple of questions.

We are a small place and our servers find it more efficient to verbally pick up held items from the kitchen. Once the customers have paid the kitchen gets numerous fire tickets sent to kitchen printer, is there a way to stop that? 

Also what is the fastest one to return to floor plan screen after you send in a order? Have been logging out then logging back in but I feel like we are missing something easy?!) 

thanks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TVC926 - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

Is there a reason why you are still using the hold and fire features if your servers are doing this verbally instead? I ask because it is expected behavior for the items on the ticket to "fire" at the time the ticket is paid out if you haven't already fired the items beforehand. 

So if the servers aren't truly using this feature for anything, it may be best for you to disable coursing so the kitchen isn't confused by all the extra tickets. It also may be worth looking into using straight fire categories if it would be appropriate for your menu and if you aren't utilizing this feature already.

To return to the floor plan, you should be able to use the back button on your device or you can swipe across the screen to get back to the floor plan.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply 👀

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2