x

Formatting dd/mm/yy on invoices

Hello,

Would someone please let me know how I can format my invoice to read in the day/month/year format? I live in Canada and it is the general format for businesses here. 

I've read some of the previous posts and updated my browser language to English (Australia), (UK) & (Canada) to no avail. 

While it displays the date in the correct day/month/year format while preparing the invoice, when I send the invoice to myself it displays month/day/year.

Thanks

Anselm

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @alp7 - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community. We are happy to have you join us! 

It sounds like you've given a shot to the most effective troubleshooting that we would suggest for date order issues. Have you tried using a separate browser than the one you are currently trying? We would recommend giving a shot to Google Chrome. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hi Joe,

I am using Chrome :(. Is there no other setting that I can use?

Message 3 of 7

Hi there again, @alp7 - ah, thanks for clarifying that. Our Dashboard normally orients best to Google Chrome, but you could also try other 3rd party browsers to see if any accept the change. Unfortunately, we don't offer an internal toggle option that would swap the date order.

Joe
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@Joecan I bump this thread rather than starting a new one?

Please add the option for us to adjust the calendar display settings.  This is especially valuable in two places:

• When a calendar is displayed showing the entire month, for reasons defying explanation the weekend is all on the right side.  All our printed calendars here are SMTWTFS not MTWTFSS.  I'm not sure if that 2nd version is standard elsewhere but it's very confusing when trying to schedule a promotion to follow the calendar week.
  • When the date is displayed, please allow us to set preferences for what sequence.  Both DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY are confusing because you just don't know what version someone is using for at least 12 days of every month.

As an aside, I disagree with alp7 about the official format - in Canada and according to the International Standards Organization the officially recognized format is actually YYYY-MM-DD.  It especially shines when used on filenames or other text that can be sorted, and there is nowhere that goes YYYY-DD-MM so there is no confusion about the date.

Thanks for considering, or ideally adding this to the developer's Github / list of requests.

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 5 of 7

Hi there, @Michael_L,

We really appreciate you posting this here! Yes, you can definitely leave this post here as a way to bring more attention to the thread, but we recommend posting this directly on our Ideate board. Moderators and engineering teams view these boards and update them frequently. 

Ellie
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Will do, thanks!

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 7 of 7