x

How can I change my business name?

Hey,

I have changed my business name in settings but it is still showing up on my mailing settings and in my profile. What do I do now?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @BusinessLady,

Thanks for writing in, and welcome to the Seller Community  🥳 

You might have to update your business name on your location as well. Head to Account & Settings > Business > Locations and select your locations to ensure it's been changed there, too. Please let us know how you go!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hey @BusinessLady,

Thanks for writing in, and welcome to the Seller Community  🥳 

You might have to update your business name on your location as well. Head to Account & Settings > Business > Locations and select your locations to ensure it's been changed there, too. Please let us know how you go!

Message 2 of 7

Thanks so much, that totally worked! 😁

Message 3 of 7

I’m trying to update my business name and i do what you say but when I click on location nothing happens and it won’t let me update it 

Message 4 of 7

Hey there @Leah123 👋

You'll need to make sure that you are in your Square Dashboard and click on Account and Settings. Once there you'll want to click on Business and then click on Locations. Select the location you would like to edit and change the name of it. 

I hope this information is helpful! Let us know if you still have trouble updating your location after these steps.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Hi, I'm having a similar issue, but for me, the changes aren't taking *full* effect. Mine is with respect to locations. I have changed the Location Details: Basic Information - Location Business Name + Nickname, but these are not syncing with Square Online: Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery - Location details. I have gone in and manually edited the Location display name, but the Location Nickname does not ever update. How do these settings get synced?

Message 6 of 7

Hey @elguapotaco

Do you have more than one location? If you have four or more locations on your Square account, you will need to update each location individually. You can edit each location’s business name from the Locations section in your Account & Settings tab. However, the changes should reflect right away as you are making the changes in the correct places. 

If this does not work, please give us a call directly to help you troubleshoot your account further. 

Thank you 🙏 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 7