x

How do I connect my Wordpress menu to my Square Online store?

Hello! I want my customeers to be able to click on SHOP and got strait to my square store from my Word press site. Anyone know how to do this? I' not tech savvy, was hoping to plug in the site URL somewhere. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FrancesA-

I know you can embed Checkout Links within your Online Store. When you create checkout links, we create complementary Checkout Buttons which direct customers to the checkout page for anything you want accepting money for.

Checkout Buttons help you add items for sale to a website or blog post without creating a new online store. The Checkout Button can show specific information such as the product image title and price. You can even adjust the color of your button to match the look and feel of your website. To get started, please follow these steps:

1. Head to the Home page of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create a checkout link in the Online Checkout section.
  3. Select the Online Checkout item you want to share.
  4. Click Copy embed code.
  5. Paste the code into any website or blog.

Let me know if that meets your needs, if not, we can find another solution ๐ŸŒธ

To learn more, visit Square Online Checkout.

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FrancesA-

I know you can embed Checkout Links within your Online Store. When you create checkout links, we create complementary Checkout Buttons which direct customers to the checkout page for anything you want accepting money for.

Checkout Buttons help you add items for sale to a website or blog post without creating a new online store. The Checkout Button can show specific information such as the product image title and price. You can even adjust the color of your button to match the look and feel of your website. To get started, please follow these steps:

1. Head to the Home page of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create a checkout link in the Online Checkout section.
  3. Select the Online Checkout item you want to share.
  4. Click Copy embed code.
  5. Paste the code into any website or blog.

Let me know if that meets your needs, if not, we can find another solution ๐ŸŒธ

To learn more, visit Square Online Checkout.

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 7

This is a very convoluted reply to someone who isn't tech-savvy. WordPress menus allow for custom hyperlinks to outside pages/websites.

Message 3 of 7

I hope you figured it out but just in case, it's really simple. Create a custom link in your WordPress menu, add the URL to your Square site and voila! I'm happy to walk you through it just give a shout.

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

I would love some help to get my store added to my website. If you would be willing to help me that would be awesome. You can shoot me an email at info@rollieallaire.ca I know it should be fairly simple, but just adding the URL to my WordPress site doesn't seem to work and I can't seem to find an embed code. I know that it will take them away from my website to square site, but I'm trying to keep it simple for the clients. I don't just want a button. 

Message 5 of 7

Hi! I have the same problem - I am trying to keep it within square so our inventory between square online on our site and our POS talk to each other but stay on our site. Help! 

Thanks!

Chris

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @rosscreek - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘

I'm happy to help but will need some more detail in order to better understand your question. I'm not sure which "problem" you're referring to here.

Whenever you have a moment, please reply with a little more information describing your question. Weโ€™ll be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7