x

How do I get my "Featured Items" on my home page link to pages in my store?

I am nearly done building my website home page and I have all my items uploaded into my store, however I can't seem to get my "Featured Items" section on my home page link to pages in my store. How do I do that?

BTW- I am NOT a tech person so please be very clear with each step I need to do.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Hey @eARTh_Daniele - reached out to our Square Online Team to pick their brains. I'll keep you posted on what they think. 

Welcome to the Community! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 13

I tried to do that, however my site isn't published yet so it will not let me ask a question. So stupid!!!

Message 3 of 13
Alumni

Back! Our Team wanted to know if your site is published. Are you looking in editor mode or preview mode? 

@eARTh_Daniele

Justin
Message 4 of 13

It is not published yet. When I look in editor or preview mode it does the same thing.

Thanks for trying to help! What else do you have?

Message 5 of 13

Well JustinC. You must have the special touch. I just went back o to my site, under preview mode and it is now working! Maybe it needed to refresh! Thanks for your help! I am sure I will have more questions soon. ;>)

Message 6 of 13
Alumni

@eARTh_Daniele I just waved my magic wand! 

Phew, glad it's working for you 🙂 I'll def be around for anymore questions. 

Justin
Message 7 of 13

Hello JustinC. I am still having issues, but this one is a little different. I have an eCommerse site that I built on Weebly/Square (domain is with GoDaddy). It's a long story, but I am hoping that I can transfer the website (with Domain) to GreenGeeks- Weebly-Cloud after I purchase a "Performance" publishing plan with Weebly/Square. 

When I was about to purchase a month plan it gave me this info- "Get a free credit ($19.95 value) that can be applied to a domain purchase, extension or TRANSFER when you choose a 1 year plan". But if I choose the year plan (which in my opinion is very expensive) do I only get $19.95 back of my $312. for a yearly plan or will they credit me for most if the $312 if I transfer within the next few weeks? If they can't transfer my site to GreenGeeks-Weebly-Cloud, am I stuck with Weebly forever?

Thank you so much for your quick help! Of course I am on a time line. UGH!

Message 8 of 13
Alumni

You'll want to get in touch with our team directly by phone so someone can take a closer look at your billing and account information, @eARTh_Daniele. They can help clarify what payments and refunds would apply in your situation! If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 9 of 13

Thank you Valentina, however one can't talk with anyone until we purchase a plan and I just didn't know which to purchase to do what I need to do. I will just get one month plan and then try to get a hold of someone. I don't really like their costumer service for this very reason. Hope it is WAY better when I am a PAYING customer.

Thanks for your help.

Message 10 of 13
Alumni

Ahhhh - got it @eARTh_Daniele!

Let me ask around and see if I can get some clarification for you before you purchase a plan.

Valentina
Message 11 of 13

Thank you for checking. I will be curious to see what you find. 

I did just purchase a month and still I can't get a code to talk with anyone on the phone and the phone option says "unavailable" UGH!!! This is SO frustrating!!!

Message 12 of 13
Alumni

Having a plan shouldn't impact your ability to access phone support, @eARTh_Daniele.

It sounds like you haven't fully set up and activated your Square account.
Do you see notification when you click the bell icon on your Square Dashboard?

For clarification in the meantime, any plans purchased through Square will not work with a third party cloud host - and the domain credit can only be used to cover the cost of registering a new domain, extending a Weebly-bought domain by an additional year, or to cover the cost of transferring a domain to Weebly from somewhere else.

There is also not a way to transfer a site built through us to another host or vice versa, even if they offer the Weebly editor. You can point the domain or transfer it to the other host, but you will need to rebuild their site there. I hope this helps!

Valentina
Message 13 of 13