x

How do I remove one of my locations

I set up two but same location......just a different name. Can I delete the one that I have not linked to my bank account?  If so, how?

Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Six - Thanks for following up on this thread. 

This information is still accurate. While you can deactivate a location, it is not possible to completely delete a location.

In the meantime, you can deactivate an existing location:

1. Visit Locations > Click the location you wish to deactivate
  2. Click Deactivate > Deactivate this Location.

You can reactivate a deactivated location at any time.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

On a desktop login to square go to account settings click business then click locations and click the location you wish to remove. At the top right corner click delete location

Message 2 of 21

Trying to delete a location that will no longer be used. I see that there is an option to "deactivate", but not to "delete". Is there a way to completely delete a location? Thanks

Message 3 of 21

Hey @CMooreEnt thanks so much for asking. At this time, you can only deactivate a location, but never delete one. the reason for this is for reporting - say you took payments on that location, deleting the location even by accident, would be technically deleting credit card data from your reports. This still is a huge feature request that we are tracking, so don't lose hope, but do know it may be some time before this feature can be released due to regulations we have to follow. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 21
Beta Member

Ashley, can I merge two locations? For example, I had appointments online and in person, but I find it easier to just combine the two. My third 'location' is mobile (where we visit the client's home)...do you suggest combining them all into one ?

NBanerd
Message 5 of 21

@ozpreplsat there isn't a way to merge locations. This is because the reporting couldn't be merged on the accounts. If you wanted to do this, you would have to deactivate one location and make sure the inventory stock is transferred over. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 6 of 21

Hi Ashley, I'm looking to do the same thing here. How do I transfer the inventory stock over? I would love to be able to merge locations, as I have accidentally created multiple locations when I moved. Now I can't easily access all of my client data/ invoices/ and have had to adjust the appointments and inventory access over. I would love there to be a simpler function for this!

Message 7 of 21
Alumni

Hi there, @sarahmfehr 👋

If you're using Square for Retail, you can transfer stock between locations by following these steps!

Otherwise, you can use the Import/Export tool to export your item library from one location, then import it into another.

If you don't have a ton of items, you can edit the location at which your items are available.

Head to your Item Library, select an item > click All Locations within the Locations field:

You'll get a pop-up where you can select the locations at which this item is available:

I hope this helps, and welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 8 of 21

Hi Ashely.  When I go in an deactivate a location all of the locations disappear?  We have 5 set up and want to deactivate 4 - is there a reason that they all disappear?

Message 9 of 21
Alumni

Stepping in for Ashley @colleengraham

Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Can you go to those locations and reactivate them? (click the deactivated location to edit, click the red reactivate box up top)

Justin
Message 10 of 21
Beta Member

Hi there. 

I notice your reply was in 2020 and today is 2023 but there is still no way to delete a location.

Is there an update?

Message 11 of 21

Best Answer

Hi @Six - Thanks for following up on this thread. 

This information is still accurate. While you can deactivate a location, it is not possible to completely delete a location.

You can reactivate a deactivated location at any time.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 12 of 21

Has this issue been addressed? Or are will only able to delete the locations? I moved the location and want to delete them not just deac. as I sold the place

Message 13 of 21

How do I delete a location I never used?

Message 14 of 21

I would also like to know how to delete a location that I never ended up needing - it shows up first when I go to enter inventory and makes it very confusing. Inventory has been entered into the wrong location on multiple occasions. 

Message 15 of 21

Hi! Welcome to the Seller Community!

This is still a feature request. We will post updates in the Community if we have them. 

AshleyK
Message 16 of 21
Beta Member

Can we push this feature request forward???  I need to be able to use the Weebly app functionality for my online store (the square pos app falls short for order status email notifications) but because I've had a second location (deactivated a long time ago), I am not able to use Weebly!  This is so frustrating.  I'm having to use 3 different workarounds and unnecessary manual processes just to get the functionality that is built right in to the Weebly app I am blocked from!!!

Message 17 of 21

Hey @SparrowFarms,

Thanks for writing in, and adding your vote to this feature request.

We're continuing to highlight the feature requests we receive in the community with our team, and advocate for the suggestions you leave with us here! With that being said, we ultimately don't have a timeline of if, or when, a particular request will be implemented, as multiple factors are considered when developing new features. If you're curious about how feature requests in the Seller Community work, take a look at this article. I understand your frustration, and hope we'll have some good news to share with you soon 🙂 

Message 18 of 21
Beta Member

People have been asking to delete locations for long enough. Make it happen!! It creates issues within Square when the main location is no longer in use. At a minimum, if there are ZERO transactions in that location ever or within a year you should be able to delete it. 

Message 19 of 21

Hello @PomonaRawFusion

We hear you on this feature and do not disagree with you. We will bubble this us to our product team once more as we continue to gather feedback around this. 

If we have any details to provide we will update you. Have a good day. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 20 of 21
Beta Member

While you can deactivate a location, it is not possible to completely delete a location.

Message 21 of 21