x
Beta Member

How do I start from scratch?

I have been testing Square Online, just messing around uploading items, playing with set-ups etc. Now I want to start creating my actual Item Library but there is a heap of mess from testing that I can't get rid of. If I Import a new Library spreadsheet, data from previous libraries still shows even though Importing was set to overwrite it. I have also deactivated and created a new business location and the mess is still there.

So how do I start from scratch? I want to delete *everything* and start fresh.

thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Delete all items manually from the Library, one by one, and don't mess with the Tokens in the future.

Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @GFE ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for taking the time again to post here on the Seller Community! We will do what we can to make sure your Library issue is resolved.

It sounds like you are having trouble removing items from the Square Online Dashboard. Would you mind trying to delete items from the Items Tab in your Square Dashboard? This can override what appears in Square Online. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

With all the changes since Covid started and some changes we are implementing to our business I want to rearrange everything (Items, Categories... the works really) and start fresh. How do I get rid of everything and re- setup our square POS and Online without having to close our current account and set up a whole new one entirely. I want to keep all the old info in the reports but I just want to entirely set up new items, categories, all the pricing variations etc... its a bit overwhelming going through every item individually it would be much easier to just start with a clean slate so to speak 

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hello @Fermegrf. I don't blame you for wanting to start from scratch!

From your Item Library, go ahead and click the Actions drop down in the upper right hand corner and select "Export Library." Once exported, open that file, delete all of the items, save it, then re-import it with no items. It will override the items you currently have.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 7

Hello GFE.

Did you have any luck with this? I did the same thing... messed around on the POS and on the dashboard to learn the system. Now I'd like to start from scratch. I'm able to delete the items and library, but the back end reports are still seeing all the transactions I made during the testing time. Any idea how to get rid of that part? I'm hoping to get it back to "factory settings" ?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7

From your Square Online Overview page, go to Website > Site Preferences, scroll to the bottom and click reset.

Message 7 of 7