x

How do I update tax rates from my online Square Dashboard?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: tax rate is wrong - help please

I have entered one provincial sales tax rate only = British Columbia, Canada 7%.  I have entered no other rates what so ever, yet my sample receipt (in square dashboard) is showing Tax (8.75%)

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @SuzisSeconds - If you're looking at the sample receipt from Account & Settings > Business > Receipt, those are arbitrary numbers that don't reflect your actual tax settings. 

Disregard that tax rate. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @SuzisSeconds - If you're looking at the sample receipt from Account & Settings > Business > Receipt, those are arbitrary numbers that don't reflect your actual tax settings. 

Disregard that tax rate. 

Justin
Message 2 of 8

thank you for taking time to reply -- a newbie to square and Canadian -- so definitely not what you see is what you get in the preview phase 😞

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Oh no! Don't be hard on yourself @SuzisSeconds. You're def not the first Seller to get confused by the sample receipt. 

You'll be a pro in no time. Also, welcome to the Square fam!! 🙂

Justin
Message 4 of 8

May I also ask.....I cannot see where on both the square online or the dashboard (when on my laptop) ....to check to be sure I have the latest version of the software?  On other types of software unrelated to square, I am used to seeing it in the about or in the File in the top menu but I have looked in settings and other places and still cannot locate -- using the free version --

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Unlike the POS app, the Online Dashboard doesn't have software versions per say. @SuzisSeconds

Justin
Message 6 of 8

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to STOP the square from charging tax.  We do backwards math for taxes!  How do I delete tax charges?

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @NoV4me

Are you having an issue with taxes being charged on your Square Online store? If so, can you please send the domain connected to your store?

Ellie
Message 8 of 8