x

How do I upload Square APi on my website?

I am new to Square and I have the Square Reader but my website is being built by someone else.

1/ How do I upload Square APi on my website so that I can take payments using Square?

2/ If I am able to upload Square on my website and a customer makes a purchase, what details of the purchase would I get from Square to properly process the order for the  customer?

Message 1 of 6
3 Best Answers

Best Answer

It will depend on what programming language they wish to use. Ie. php, JavaScript etc. 

There is no just click lick to install software. You have to download a library then hand create the code to use it. 

Your developer should look at the API documentation and join the slack channel to get useful help with the API.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6

Best Answer

@1New_Comer You need to know the language you wish to use... then you download it from github and upload to your site. Just google ie. square php sdk or replace php with the sdk you want.

you then need to head over to developers.squareup.com and create an app. From that you will get an access token that you can use to manage your own square account. If you want to manage others square accounts you will need to use OAUTH to get access to make changes to their accounts. 

From there you can view either the docs that come in the sdk you downloaded earlier, API reference on square site or technical reference or join slack community to get help with coding your functions

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 6

Best Answer

This is great. Thanks so much. I will pass this info on to my developer. 

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

It will depend on what programming language they wish to use. Ie. php, JavaScript etc. 

There is no just click lick to install software. You have to download a library then hand create the code to use it. 

Your developer should look at the API documentation and join the slack channel to get useful help with the API.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks. Will let my developer know.

Message 3 of 6

I don't think I expressed myself properly. What I meant to ask was 'what is the process to request the API from Square? Thanks

Message 4 of 6

Best Answer

@1New_Comer You need to know the language you wish to use... then you download it from github and upload to your site. Just google ie. square php sdk or replace php with the sdk you want.

you then need to head over to developers.squareup.com and create an app. From that you will get an access token that you can use to manage your own square account. If you want to manage others square accounts you will need to use OAUTH to get access to make changes to their accounts. 

From there you can view either the docs that come in the sdk you downloaded earlier, API reference on square site or technical reference or join slack community to get help with coding your functions

Message 5 of 6

Best Answer

This is great. Thanks so much. I will pass this info on to my developer. 

Message 6 of 6