x

How do i turn off the ‘low stock’ option when I add items?

How do I turn off ‘low stock’ when I add items. It shows ‘low stock’ on items that have less than 5 in stock but I want to add a bunch of one of a kind pieces so showing low stock seems unnecessary bc there will only ever be 1 in stock. 

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi guys,

Thankyou for all the comments they were really helpful. Took me a while but for anyone who doesn't have Settings > General or Shared Settings as an, I found the solution by going to Online > (click drop down menu) Items > Item Preferences > edit Item Statuses > Toggle Low Stock Indicator option.

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Hey @Bloopbloop-

You can disable low stock alerts by selecting the item in your Item Library > select the highlighted number of stock > disable low stock alerts > Save:

Does that help? Let me know! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 14

The 'low stock alerts' option is already turned off but it still shows 'low stock' on the front end of the website shop. The low stock alert seems to maybe just alert me in the backend but i want to remove it from showing in the store.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 7.07.57 PM.png

Message 3 of 14

Okay, the 'low stock' will disappear if i turn off 'tracking' of the item, except i DO want to track the item b/c i don't want to sell more than i have in stock. Does anyone know if turning off tracking still is tracking if my stock goes to 0?

Message 4 of 14

Did you ever figure this out? The “low stock” is sooo visually stunning unpleasant 

Message 5 of 14

No, but I still really want to know how to remove it

Message 6 of 14
Alumni

@VictoryCouture @Bloopbloop

Wssp! 

Online Store Dashboard > Settings > General > scroll to the bottom, toggle off Low Inventory Indicator

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 14

Thanks!!!

Message 8 of 14

yessss...success! Thank you!!

Message 9 of 14

So uh....this option doesn't appear for me in Online Store Dashboard > Settings > General, did something change or update? I'm trying desperately to accomplish this.

Message 10 of 14
Admin

Hey @kev_aROS,

I'm wondering if things may have changed here - I was able to find these settings via the Online Dashboard under "Shared Settings > Item Preferences"

Let me know if this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 14

That's where I found it too. Thanks. 

Message 12 of 14

Looks like the location of this was updated slightly since the last comment. I found these settings in the Online Dashboard under Items > Item Preferences

Message 13 of 14

Best Answer

Hi guys,

Thankyou for all the comments they were really helpful. Took me a while but for anyone who doesn't have Settings > General or Shared Settings as an, I found the solution by going to Online > (click drop down menu) Items > Item Preferences > edit Item Statuses > Toggle Low Stock Indicator option.

Message 14 of 14