x

How to un-link my Square site from Etsy?

Hi I have a square and it is linked to my etsy store...now I am just finishing building a website thru square up...my inventory is tied to my etsy store...so even if I am selling in person or have people buying thru my website the sale still goes thru etsy and I have to pay their fees...how do I change this so that my own website and instagram that I will be selling thru are separate from etsy. I want to use my square to be able to manage my sales thru my own website and in person. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @BlushOrganics and welcome to the Community.

I found this response from another seller in our US Community I wanted to share here: 

Go to your Shop Manager > Scroll down till you see Square > Click it >Scroll down or look for Disconnect From My Square > Confirm.

I used to have this synced all the time until I learned that Etsy will take a percentage of in-person sales even when there is no connection with Etsy to any actual active listings i.e. they had nothing to do with the sales. 

If this is your issue too, then a way around this is to sync your Square to Etsy about a week after your in person sales are made on a day you aren't performing any new in-person transactions. This will allow your sales counts from Square to show up in your total store sales on Etsy but without having to pay Etsy a cut from work they had nothing to do with. 

I'm glad I figured this out after the first mistake this happened because I just wasn't having it.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @BlushOrganics and welcome to the Community.

I found this response from another seller in our US Community I wanted to share here: 

Go to your Shop Manager > Scroll down till you see Square > Click it >Scroll down or look for Disconnect From My Square > Confirm.

I used to have this synced all the time until I learned that Etsy will take a percentage of in-person sales even when there is no connection with Etsy to any actual active listings i.e. they had nothing to do with the sales. 

If this is your issue too, then a way around this is to sync your Square to Etsy about a week after your in person sales are made on a day you aren't performing any new in-person transactions. This will allow your sales counts from Square to show up in your total store sales on Etsy but without having to pay Etsy a cut from work they had nothing to do with. 

I'm glad I figured this out after the first mistake this happened because I just wasn't having it.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

So if i unsync my square from my etsy..then I can still use the square for in person sales and sales on the website i created using square up then ...right ?

Message 3 of 4

Question! I still see all my Etsy listings on square after disconnect! Will that go away? 

Message 4 of 4