x

I added Square to my website but I see an error "This business can only process payments in CAD"

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Huge error message including "This business can only process payments in CAD"

I live in Canada. I set up a Square account which I added to my website, so customers could use their credit card to rent my vacation home. My daughter, sitting right beside me, tried to book a night just to try it out and make sure it works, but it does not. She gets a very long error message. I noticed in all the mumble jumble of it, it says;

"This business can only process payments in CAD but amount was provided in USD."

"This business can only process payments in CAD but amunt was provided in USD." I saw every step she made on her booking request, and she chose CAD. I tried disconnecting my square account from my website and reconnecting it, and she tried again. Same error message. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! 🙂 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@all4chldren

This sounds like it may be an issue between the API you are using to host your bookings and the check out function. I can reach out to our API team about this and see if they can clarify anything that may be happening, but we'll need to get a bit of information from you.  

What is the Website integration you are using?  When you set it up, was there a built integration where you just clicked to set up Square or did you use the Developer portal to get the input the information in the Website?  Once I have this info, I'd be happy to see if we can open a case with you with our API team.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 4

Thanks! It's my listing on Houfy. https://www.houfy.com/lodging/mom-s-place-vacation-home/7171  I honestly don't remember how I originally added my Square account, as I did it a few weeks ago. I would have just followed whatever steps that were given to me at the time. But it was very simple. I since have deleted and re added it twice (in attempt to fix the problem), simply by clicking on "remove" and then "connect square". 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@all4chldren Jumping in for Kelly here!

I'll go ahead and escalate your case to the API team so they can look into this with you. Are you still having the same issue? 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4