x

I do not live in the US, what hardware should I buy?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Please help

I want to purchase Square POS Hardware but I want to make sure the setup will work with Apple 12.9 Pro latest Gen. If I purchase Apple 12.9 Pro will the Square USB register work with it as well as the barcode scanner and Usb printer. For example if I buy this USB Hub for Apple Ipad something like this https://www.hypershop.com/collections/usb-c-hubs/products/hyperdrive-power-9-in-1-usb-c-hub-for-mac-...

With this stand https://hecklerdesign.com/vesa-mount-for-ipad-pro-12-9-inch-3rd-gen/

https://hecklerdesign.com/stand-for-ipad-pro-12-9-inch-3rd-gen/

Or is it better to buy a Square Register Kit?

I am do not live in United States 

I live in Ecuador I do NOT need Square credit card processing. I only plan to use POS for cash transactions and other functions like Inventory management, customer database, bar-code system, Gift card, employee check in time and so on.

The only reason I like Ipad pro 12.9 is so that I can use Square retail app which is not possible on Square register.

big screen is must that is why I cannot go for ipad 9.7 pos kit and also Customer display is also a must.

I do NOT need Square credit card processing or any other function related to that.

Thank you

Kj

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hello, I live in Spain and (even though I want to pay for premium features) I can't use premium features from Square such as Invoices or Labels for articles.

Message 2 of 8

Thankyou for the reply.

I have decided to go with Apple Ipad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen for setup along Apple 9.7inch ipad as customer display.

I know I cannot use the square payments apart from that are there any other features I cannot use in Square POS app? Like does Bar-coding, low on stock, Gift cards, customer database , loyalty etc works?

Please let me know which receipt printer and cash drawer are you using or are you using Square stand kit since stand kit comes with USB setup but many people are saying on internet it would not work with Ipad 12.9 only Bluetooth and Ethernet printers and cash drawers will work.

I want to go with Ipad setup becuase if alot of features do not work in Square than I can easily move to  Loyverse POS app.

Message 3 of 8

Hi, here in Spain i have 2 iPad 9.8" and works with a Socket Mobile scanner 7Ci (250โ‚ฌ) and Star Micronics Bluetooth printer TSP 650 II (450โ‚ฌ) connected to a Approx cash drawer (35โ‚ฌ) with ethernet-like cable (is not ethernet, is a similar cable). This works fine.

Message 4 of 8

So Bluetooth barcode scanner and printer both are connected to Ipad and work without errors? 

Do all functions work on Square free POS app?

Thankyou

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hi @kj1206! Which "functions" are you referring to, specifically? And so we know, which country are you operating out of?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 8

Yes, all is working. Square USA features like invoices itโ€™s not supported. 

Message 7 of 8

Thanks a lot for answering these queries. Because, I was also finding this solution.

Message 8 of 8