x

Is there a way for me to add a an english button so my clients can shop in both english and french?

I have my website in primarily in english but the content is in french. I need the site to be bilingual. How can I do that? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @OliveMoiandCo and welcome to the Community!

At the moment having multiple languages is not a feature of Square Online store, however you can create multiple websites now - you could build a new website for each language you wanted to support.

Other than that I don't have a workaround, however will pass your feedback on as a feature request.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@ashc is building multiple websites even possible when you want both of them synced to one Point of Sale and one inventory?

Is there a even a way to copy the layout and content of one site that's in French and make it in English? What about being able to link them on a page by page basis so users can switch languages on the fly? Or creating a welcome page that allows shoppers to go to the language they want?

Also it seems like if one creates a new site to have a version in another language they have to pay another subscription fee?! That's not really customer friendly...

I've had to make titles and item descriptions that are in both languages for the whole website and it creates a lot of clutter.

Message 3 of 4

I have the same issue here. My business is based out of Quebec and by law has to be bilingual. I'm starting to get heat from it.  Apart from switching to your competitor platform is there a way I can do it?    Would hate to start over on another company such as Shopify but if square cannot comply with Canadian law it may be an issue...

Message 4 of 4