x

Is there a way to add a percentage based fee?

1. I am trying to start a Grocery Delivery Service. And I am new to Squareup.

And I want to charge a percent of the grocery bill. 

Ex: 100 x 20% =120

Since services in Colorado are not taxed. Only way that I have found to have work it to use the tax section and do a 20% charge on typed in dollar amount. 

In the POS system you can take off a percentage as a discount, I don't know why you couldn't just add a way to add a percentage. 

Only thing is that in messes up the net sales. Because the system takes out the "tax" 

2. Do you also have a practice programming so I can do a sample charge without if affecting the sales reports. I have ran some sample charges to learn the system I have just voided the receipt. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi @igoshop4u - Interesting request! Currently, there isn't a way to automatically add a percentage based fee. The only workaround would be to add an item and name it "Fee" with a variable price. From there, you would need to a manual calculation of the fee and enter it as the Fee price at the time of checkout.

We don't have a demo program at this time, but you can check out how everything works within our extensive Get Started Guide.

We'll update this thread if anything changes on these two feature requests.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 2