x

Is there any good Information on how to properly size an item image before uploading?

Trying to sell products of varies widths and lengths. No matter what re-sizing i do on the image (600 x 600 px or 200 x 200 px) the image size is the same after i image ;-( (expect that the image resolution is Poor the lower px i go)

What do i need to do to an image to make it smaller so that it appears correctly? 

What does the actual image need to be to fit the container in the items page? (600px ,900px)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hello @omashaus,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

To make sure I'm understanding, Are you looking for the most compatible image sizes fo your Square point of sale app or online store?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 7

Hi Alex, looking for the most compatible image sizes for the online store. Plus, to add complexity i have some products were the height is longer than the width, and visa versa. I believe with the online store i can only pick one crop style.

Have been experimenting with different width and height ratios and Resolution Pixels/inch and keep getting the same result. (as in the top of the head is cut off) 

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Understood. @omashaus,

What website builder did you use to create your site (Wix, Weebly, GoDaddy, WooCommerce etc.)? Also, can you provide the URL to your website/page? Thank you!

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 7

Using the default Square online website builder weebly.

Starting to figure it out, looks like the .jpg Images i get from the vendor (that are already web optimized) if they do not fit into a square container image in weebly i cannot change the image to work. Image gets distorted. Would need to take a picture myself in RAW format than size it to fit into the image container. 

In addition, in weebly it looks like i can only select one container image size. Square would probably be the best option if you have products that are different widths and heights. 

What Pixel deminsions would i need to get the zoom function? 

I have not published the website yet, waiting to get the Images imported correctly. 

Message 5 of 7

A workaround to the presets for image sizes is to create a background that meets your image size requirements then "place" the photos of your products onto that background, save the file as a jpeg and use that on your product (items) page. I had to do this for my artwork on my website because otherwise my art was being cut off by the presets. 

I use Photoshop to create my images but you can also use a free online image creator called Photopea: https://www.photopea.com/ 

I created a free workshop that will teach you how to resize your images: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/graphic-design-for-artists-resizing-images-tickets-121279904459

Hope that helps! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 6 of 7

Thanks Cheryl ! signed up to your Workshop 

Message 7 of 7