x

Does Square provide merchant statements?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Merchant Statements

I'm applying for an SBA loan and it's asking me for 3 months of the most current merchant statements.  Does square generate those? 

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can print out your sales summary from your dashboard anytime.  You can pick whatever time range you want.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can print out your sales summary from your dashboard anytime.  You can pick whatever time range you want.

Message 2 of 16

did they accept the summary from square for the last 3 months statements?

Message 3 of 16

I need page one of my merchant statement. Where can I find this info? I looked in my email and there is no merchant statement emails. I do not want a "Sales summery", thats not the same as a statement.

Message 4 of 16
Super Seller

There is no specific Merchant statement, all the information you need can be found here.  It has all you collected and taxes and fees etc.  there are other reports you can choose if there is other info you want.  Is there something specific you are looking for?

https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/sales-summary

Message 5 of 16

Where can I find the break down of transaction information? Such as WHO PAID?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 16

Did you ever get an answer on this?  I'm looking for the same thing.  A merchant statement that shows a detail of transactions and columns with the fees listed per transaction.  Honestly, I'm really trying to see what I'm paying on average for taking credit cards.  All other merchant companies offer this.  

Message 7 of 16
Super Seller

this page will show you your fees associated with taking cards and how many transactions and how much it totaled to.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/payment-methods

Message 8 of 16

The information I need from the merchant statement is not in the sales report. I need to see card mix, interchange plus rates, volume, chargebacks, etc. Every payment processing company should offer an actual merchant statement. It makes me think that they are hiding something if they don't.

Message 9 of 16

Financial institutions and government entities want a merchant account statement.

Not a sales summary. Before Square we were mailed a legitimate merchant statement.  Sales summary is just that, a sales summary. It does not have all the info the way they want it. This is more like something from in house not from a professional merchant service. 

Message 10 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey @T-bone  

Depending on what kind of Merchant Verification Letter you need and the reason for it, Square may be able to provide one. Please give our team a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 16
Super Seller

@T-bone ;

Go here : https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions 

Choose the Date range you need

Then Export  from Drop down choose Transactions.csv for the download

This gives you everything related to the transactions for this date range.  Yes it is a CSV file but it gives you all the details of the transaction, Items categories customer name when available, card Brand, fees % and Fixed dates etc

If this is not what you need you.  If they need more information then what are they requesting?  More information does not help us in this community answer that.  Or you could call the Support number and see if they can send you one as JJ_ mentions.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 12 of 16

Sales summary provides a total number in fees.  What we're asking for is essentially how much was paid via the flat rate charged versus how much was the percentage.  That information not being readily available is frustrating.  

Message 13 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jenrobb1515 - thanks for reaching out here and adding your voice in support of this feature.

We can confirm that this type of automated report would be considered a Feature Request within our current reporting structure. Since our fees consist of a percentage amount as well as a flat rate (2.6% + .10), I don't foresee this kind of detailed report coming in the future. 

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 16

Go to Balance and click on the available balance. Statements are bottom right corner.

Message 15 of 16
Super Seller

@Cronus51 ; That might work if you have a Square Bank account.  Since I use a local bank to deposit cash and checks I also have Square deposit to that and do not have a Statement button or link.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 16 of 16