x

Multiple domain names linked to online store

I am new to making a website and was wondering if I can link/direct more than one domain name to my Square online store/website? 

Example: my current domain with Square is 

www.vergersrockburnorchards.com 

Could I use other domain names to link to the same site? So if someone was to type in www.rockburnorchards.com they will be redirected to www.vergersrockburnorchards.com 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @rockburn,

A website can only have one address or domain name assigned to it. That being the case, can you still use multiple domains with a single site? Definitely! Here's how to do it with two (or more) domains that were purchased through Weebly.

1. Set a Primary Domain First, choose a primary domain for your site. This is the domain you'll be publishing your website to. If it’s already assigned to the site, you're set and can move on to the next step. If not, go to the settings for your website and assign the domain to your site. You can also do this from the Domains Page. Just click on the domain name, then click Set Destination on the upper left and select “Assign to one of my Weebly sites”, then follow the prompts to choose your site.

2. Forward Additional Domains You can now forward additional domains to your website. For example, mysite.net and mysite.org will take visitors to your primary domain, mysite.com.

On the Domains Page, click on the domain you want to forward to open the management options, then click Set Destination on the upper left.

Select “Assign to one of my Weebly sites” again, and click on the website that is set up with your primary domain. You’ll be given the choice to change the primary domain or to have this domain forward to the existing primary domain. Pick the option to forward traffic to the existing domain and save your changes.

If you have additional domains you want to forward, simply follow the steps in part two above!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2