x

New UK Business Advice needed

Hi

I am looking for a new till system that takes contactless payments and can do some basic reporting. I have 2 coffee shops in the UK. I have been researching but have a few questions:

1. Is the Square Loyalty part of the POS available to the UK and what does it cost? I would like to offer a loyalty program (like, buy 10 coffees and get 1 free for example).

2. Can anyone provide me with a link to where I can buy a till and receipt printer that will work with my android tablet? I don't know where to start so please just recommend what you think would be good for a small family run coffee shop.

3. Is anyone using the Square PoS system for a coffee shop or bakery and can they offer me a little feedback on how well it works for them and what if any the major shortfalls or problems are.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @ttavy,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

1. At the moment Loyalty features are only available in the USA and Canada, however we hope to launch these features in other territories in the future.

2. You can find a list of Android compatible receipt printers here. While I'm not able to recommend a UK-based retailer, if you give our UK support team a call on 0800 098 8008 they should be able to point you in the right direction.

3. While we're not able to put you in touch with any specific sellers, it's free to download the POS app so you can have a play with it and see if it's a good fit for your business! 

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Lets get the loyalty programme to the UK please!

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 3 of 5

I have only discovered this app recently, but so far it has been great. I have used 'Vend' and 'Kounta' both are great, but have recently shifted to a basic, cabinet food & coffee business, so the simplicity of the point of sale, and being able to edit products on the fly is amazing. Highly reccommend .

Message 4 of 5

Hi  Ttavy

not quite a coffee shop but a UK pub who also do coffee. We have been using square for four montha now and it is great. 

Some good points

it is simple to set up your pos system and integrates with the reader very well. 

Although 1.75% seems a high rate, we recently did a cost comparison with Worldpay, payment sense and others. When you factor in teansaction charges and monthly machine rental you have to be doing around £10,000 / month card payments to make it break even (we have four square readers so it would cost £80/month just to rent machines). 

What none of the others can compete on though is a free epos system. It is simple to set up and use and the reporting is good too. 

We use it on an ipad and use iphones for table service. This works great and is a bit of a wow factor (table service in a pub - go figure). 

Its dowbfalls. 

Simple thing but not having ability to put an image in categories seems strange. But you cant. 

Having variants of a product ( such as a bottle of wine) does not take off stock. Eg if i sell 6 small wines it does not register that it is one bottle off stock

On the whole though, for a small business it is ideal. I am sure we will grow out of it one day but right now it does pretty much everything we need from it. 

Message 5 of 5