x

New to Square - Add Customer to Sale, Create Invoice

Hi,

Iโ€™m new to Square and I would like to use it for my small business. I just installed it from the Google Play Store (Square version 4.82) on my mobile device (Android version 5.1.1).

I setup some items, discounts and customers (using the dashboard) and made some dummy sales to experiment with its functionality.

Now, on my mobile device I canโ€™t find customer management as described in this article https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5532-manage-your-customer-directory-from-the-square-app :

โ€œThe ability to add a customer to a sale before and after a transaction are [sic] enabled by default [โ€ฆ].โ€

I canโ€™t add an existing customer to a sale as instructed here: โ€œIf youโ€™re using the Square app on a smartphone, tap Current Sale > drop-down arrow > Add Customerโ€. There is no such option (screenshot below).

Similarly, I donโ€™t find the Invoices section on my dashboard as advertised here https://squareup.com/invoices : โ€œSend online invoices free and accept payments for 2.9% + 30ยข per invoice paid online. Or just send invoices and track them free online.โ€

My question now is what do I need to do to make those features work; are those region specific or do I need to purchase additional modules?

Thank you for your help!

Missing 'Add Customer' (mobile)Missing 'Add Customer' (mobile)Missing Customer Management (mobile)Missing Customer Management (mobile)Missing Invoices (dashboard)Missing Invoices (dashboard)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @OTF,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Having a look into your account, it doesn't seem like it has been activated for card processing yet, which may explain the limited functionality on the app. Having only recently launched in the UK, it's also possible some of these features may still be in the process of being built into our UK app.

I recommend giving our UK support team a call about these issues as they'll be better placed to give you definitive answers. You can get in touch on 0800 098 8008, lines are open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

I have EXACTLY the same problem but I am from South Africa

Message 3 of 3