x

Contracts in Canada?

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to Square and just started the trial this morning. One of the things that really drove me to start using it is the Contracts feature, it'll make my life so much easier.

I'm going through the instructions at https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7104-contract but in my Business settings, I'm unable to see Contract templates (or any contract option). 

Even if I try to navigate to https://squareup.com/dashboard/contracts it ends up redirecting me to https://squareup.com/dashboard 

As I mentioned before, this is my brand new account, so I haven't set any services/locations yet, just wanted to jump straight to Contracts and see if it has everything I need before I start populating other fields.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but I'm in Canada.

I could really use any type of help/input regarding this issue. Many thanks in advance.

Including a screenshot for reference:
Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 9.53.03 AM.png

Message 1 of 12
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@katjay

Thank you for checking that spot. That was going to be my next question. 

Currently, contracts is only available to our US Sellers. I would be more than happy to add you to the Feature Request to bring them to Canada. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 12
Alumni

Best Answer

While Square Contracts are not yet supported in Canada, you can still add attachments to your invoices in Canada. This capability has been around for a few years now, @victoriafe! You'll just need to create your own contract and save it as a document to be attached to invoices.

When creating an invoice online, click Add Attachments (near the bottom) to upload documents or images:

Using the Square Point of Sale or Square Invoices app, you will see an Add attachment option in the DETAILS section when creating an invoice:

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Thank you for the response @Kassi_ 

I tried it out and I still don't see it. (attached screenshot for reference below)

As mentioned in my initial email, is it possible that Contract is available only to US customers and not Canadians? (I'm based out of Canada).

Square_NoContract.png

Message 2 of 12

Best Answer

@katjay

Thank you for checking that spot. That was going to be my next question. 

Currently, contracts is only available to our US Sellers. I would be more than happy to add you to the Feature Request to bring them to Canada. 

Kassi
Message 3 of 12

@Kassi_  Yes, please, that would be awesome; cant wait. Thank you so much.

Message 4 of 12

Happy to do so, @katjay

Kassi
Message 5 of 12

Hi everyone!

Anyone have an alternative for those of us in Canada? I need to somehow attach a contract/agreement to my invoices (before initiating services).

Victoria

Message 6 of 12
Alumni

Best Answer

While Square Contracts are not yet supported in Canada, you can still add attachments to your invoices in Canada. This capability has been around for a few years now, @victoriafe! You'll just need to create your own contract and save it as a document to be attached to invoices.

When creating an invoice online, click Add Attachments (near the bottom) to upload documents or images:

Using the Square Point of Sale or Square Invoices app, you will see an Add attachment option in the DETAILS section when creating an invoice:

Valentina
Message 7 of 12

Hi Valentina,

Thanks for posting this. I'm trying to create a Covid-19 agreement via the invoice-- I'm just confused how an attachment would suffice as a contract as it's something they need to sign. Do you have any suggestions? How do you do it? 

Message 8 of 12
Alumni

Hi there @stillwatertofin 🌊 - and welcome to the Seller Community 👋

Have you considered leveraging an integration such as Waiver Master for signature purposes?

Valentina
Message 9 of 12

I am also in Canada and currently using square for pos but not booking because there is no option for contracts. We need this option!

Message 10 of 12

Just curious as to why they would send Canadian customers emails promoting this feature when it's not available to us as recently as today (Fri October 14/2022) and this thread as been going since early 2021.

Message 11 of 12

I agree we need this same option to send consent forms etc to new clients. Pleeeeease!

Message 12 of 12