x

Payments: Do I have to use Square to take a payment or do a refund?

Good afternoon

I would like to know if I must use square device to take a payment or do a refund. Can I use Chase?

Thank you

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

you can use most android or apple devices with a square reader.  You are not able to use another vendor's reader as they won't be able to communicate.

Message 2 of 10

Thank you. It seems like the problem is only the communication among the bank account not showing on Square account.

If I have a apple device would I be able to see the transactions in my square account?

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to, but you can't use a chase bank card reader with Square.  Or are you referring to using Chase as your bank account that Square deposits into?  If it is the latter then you can use Chase account as long as it is a transactional account meaning it can have deposits and withdrawals electronically.

Message 4 of 10

I had been wondering about this as well... I use the Square app as more of an appointment scheduler but use Chase checkout for processing payments. Is this okay too?

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

@banhmi_bandit - that's totally fine! Keep in mind what @VanKalkerFarms mentioned above, using  Chase's checkout system does not communicate with Square Appointments.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10

Can I just buy Square terminal and use it even I I do not have Square POS?

The rates are definably higher then any other provider but with Square there isn't monthly fees.

Do they cover for any defect of the terminal?

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Hey @Heritage2019 - I'm afraid you need a Square Account to order the Terminal since it requires you to sign in during the checkout flow. But if there are any defects to the hardware, Square covers you under a 1 year limited warranty. More on Square's Warranty Policy here. 

Justin
Message 8 of 10

Thank you.

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

@Heritage2019 Np! 😎

Justin
Message 10 of 10