x

Payments made by invoice in GBP currency paid from US based credit card holder, is this possible?

I have already had a payment processed successfuly by a British based card holder whilst they were staying in our vacation Villa in Florida. I have had a booking from a US based client that wishes to pay by credit card. Can this be done if I make out an invoice in GBP and get them to pay the invoice on line, we are UK based. Obviosly it would be preferrable for the client to pay in US Dollar but I don't think that is possible unless I register my US Bank account to our US address. The problem we would then face is we would not be in the US when payments were made, this seems to be a rediculous rule. If the account is in the country of payment, what difference does it make where we are when a payment is made.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Brians1

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking but I'll try to answer as best as I can. 

With a UK Square account, you can charge all customers in GBP, including US based customers. 

You can send invoices internationally as long as the invoice is sent from within the country the account was activated in. Another option would be to use the Virtual Terminal for this payment. 

Message 2 of 2