x

Will I lose any information (item library, clients) if I delete and reinstall the Square app?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Reinstall app

I'm having trouble connecting the wireless pin and chip reader to my Air2 iPad, I think the last update made it OS12 something.  At first it wouldn't stay connected, now I can't get it into connect mode and it doesn't connect.

If I uninstall the app will I have to reinstall all my clients and items? (Please say no.....)

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Silverthreads

Sorry for the late response here!

Uninstalling the app won't cause you to lose any data unless you were taking sales in offline mode but you don't have to worry about clients and items being erased.

You can definitely try doing that first and if that doesn't work, here's some other tips here to get it connected: Contactless + Chip Reader Troubleshooting

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Silverthreads

Sorry for the late response here!

Uninstalling the app won't cause you to lose any data unless you were taking sales in offline mode but you don't have to worry about clients and items being erased.

You can definitely try doing that first and if that doesn't work, here's some other tips here to get it connected: Contactless + Chip Reader Troubleshooting

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Did this solve your problem

Message 3 of 4

Hi @donna24 @

At the end of the day and lots of trying it seemed that if I stayed connected to the Internet AND kept the thing plugged in, it didn't give any trouble.

I bought the Stand, and that's when the chip reader worked properly. And I think its because it's constantly charging when you use the Stand.

I have since switched to the Terminal and that works superbly. 

Oh, and I didn't lose my contacts! 😏

Message 4 of 4