x
Beta Member

Restaurant and Retail in one

My business is both Restaurant AND Retail. Square offers solutions for Restaurants OR Retail businesses. What platform is there for businesses like mine that require features from both?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

Hi @mikefroese!

I run a bakery/cafรฉ and find myself a part of the ~in between~ place too. However, I seem to find I'm able to make the "generic" POS functionality work for me!

What features are you keen to have/utilize? That might help in steering you toward a solution.

Lenore
LenJo Bakes in Kitchener, ON
Let's connect on Instagram!
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hi @lenjobakes 

I love all the features of the Restaurant pos because of all the features...ordering online, print to kitchen, modifying peoples orders, etc. But we also have a full retail store (and we are a florist). I really need to be able to have my inventory up to date because I'd like to sell online as well as in-store! Not sure I can have my cake and eat it too. I'm hoping there's a solution that allows me to do that. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 3 of 7
Square Champion

Hi @mikefroese!

Hmm...okay. I might ask @ryanwanner to jump in here? I'm pretty sure Ryan is using Square Restaurants right now and might be able to speak more to what that offers. (Maybe @Sam_400ยบ or @BeChewzy could jump in too?)

We currently have an online store, take orders, and direct our online order tickets to print all through just the regular Square POS. We can modify pick-up days/times on orders (and mark their progress - "in progress", "ready", or "picked up" but can't modify anything outside of that (other than cancelling and refunding items).

We still track inventory for product that we sell in-store and online too, though! So I reckon having your cake and eating it too won't be too difficult!

Lenore
LenJo Bakes in Kitchener, ON
Let's connect on Instagram!
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks @lenjobakes this helps out a lot!

Message 5 of 7
Square Champion

I've not used the Retail apps - so not too knowledgable about those....

If you can tell us what features you want then I'm sure we can say what each thing can do, but from what you've said there isn't anything that specific you need. 

All options will let you sell online, all will let you print tickets, all will keep inventory. 

If you used the restaurant app for the kitchen side of things then you can also use the standard app along side that if you wanted a simpler experience for your retail. These will keep stock up to date together too. 

Personally I think you're over thinking this ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks @Sam_400ยบ you are probably right, I am most likely overthinking this! I appreciate your thoughts! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 7