x
Super Seller Alumni

Square Marketing Canada

Hi, so I have been using Square Marketing in Canada and have been able to manage email automation through accessing promote.weebly/springboard/automation as well as form entries for emails from the online store.

I know that Square Marketing is not supposed to be accessible in Canada, but it works when I use the link posted above... 

I am kind of lost with all of the US being different with Canada.

I understand that certain features of Square allow the collection of certain data for specific purposes. In my case, I need to know which of my customers from my directory I can actually send emails to. Aside from my form entries/email registrations, I am getting a bit mixed up reading the forums here.

In this forum discussion

A forum user states that I can actually send emails to people who did not even opt-in, simply because they wanted to receive their receipt via email? is this correct... There are a few other articles that also state, if they visited twice, within legal boundaries we are allowed to send them emails.

If this is the case, can I send to all my emails in the directory because they would not have shown up if they did not visit 2 times, or requested for a receipt via email???

I AM LOST. Please help me lol.

Harley Tan
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @harleytans!

I see where there might be some confusion here. It sounds like you're using email marketing through Weebly and not Square Point of Sale since Marketing isn't available through Point of Sale in Canada as of right now. 

I reached out to the Weebly team to try and find you some resources on how their email marketing works since I don't have it off hand. I'll follow up once I have it!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Hi @ashc ,

Is there any ETA on when Square Marketing will be available in Canada??

We are eager to start using it 🙂 

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 3 of 5

@LukeNieuw No ETA to give but if it ever does become available we'll be sure to update the thread. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 5

Back again!

So Weebly says that if you're using the Promote feature- it will only send to people that opted in. 

It won't let you send a campaign to someone who shouldn't get it. The rules of their email marketing and ours are totally different and theirs are different based off country/restrictions of that country's privacy laws too so it is all a bit confusing. 

Ashley C
Message 5 of 5