x

Terms and Conditions for Free Magstrip Reader?

Hello.  I'm new to using Square, and am following the process to get the free first magstrip reader.  In the cart, the $10 credit (to cancel the $10 cost of the reader) says:

FREEMAGSTRIPE

However, the link brings up a page that says:

ERROR 404

Page not found

Can anyone point me to the terms and conditions page for this?  I'm that weird person to actually reads those things.

--Christopher Fritz

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

@ChrisFritz Thanks for letting us know that this link isn't working. I do appreciate that you'd like to read the Terms & Conditions before ordering your reader. 

Our engineering team is looking into this now I'll post here as soon as I can confirm that this link has been fixed (this doesn't appear to be affecting the general Terms of Services pages). Thanks again!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5
Admin

@ChrisFritz We're working to fix that link but in the meantime you can read about the free magstripe reader in our Support Center.

I'll post again when this link has been fixed! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your responses, Helen.  I went ahead and completed my order for the free magstripe reader, but I'm still keeping an eye for when the terms and conditions page becomes available.  I'm sure there's nothing unexpected in there, just standard legal protection for Square, but I like to make sure I'm not trading my soul or anything!  (One never can tell these days.)

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks so much for your patience @ChrisFritz, the Terms & Conditions link has been fixed: https://squareup.com/us/en/legal/general/promo-terms-conditions-freemagstripe. (If you click the link you shared in your first post too you'll see it works!)

The terms and conditions for your first free magstripe reader are quite short - no souls required! 

Glad to hear you've already ordered a reader, welcome!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 5