x

What hardware do I need to manage inventory with Square?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square inventory with terminal

Hi there,

my plan is to have a business with an online and a brick and mortar (offline shop).

I want to sync my products and my inventory with WooCommerce, so I can save a lot of time and money with stocktaking.

Is it possible to manage inventory with only the card terminal or do I need the iPad stand for that?

Can I connect a bar code scanner to either the iPad or the Terminal to automatically manage my inventory? 

Are there any additional costs to 

- terminal (or ipad with printer)

- bar code scanner

- wordpress with woocommerce + hosting and plugins

Thank you

Dominik

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @dw-herrmann,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up.

Firstly, I wanted to make sure to clarify that Square Terminal is only available in the United States at this time. We're excited about our latest hardware development and we'll announce updates as availability becomes more widespread. For more details on the countries where we're able to support card processing, have a look here: Where Can I Accept Card Payments with Square?

All that being said—yes, in countries where card processing is supported, inventory tracking is unified for your account regardless of how you accept payments (e.g. in-person with Point of Sale, online with eCommerce partners, and online Square Invoices).

For more specifics on how our inventory features work, have a look at this article: Basic Inventory Management.

Hope this clears things up a bit more. Appreciate your patience as we work to offer more options to sellers outside of North America. Please keep in touch for updates and let us know if any other questions come up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2