x
Beta Member

When is it considered a sale?

Hello, new to square, but enjoying it so far.

I create alot of invoices for customers as they don't pay till they pickup product which is typically 5-6 weeks.  My old program would capture it as a sale the day i invoiced it but i have noticed square capture it as a sale only when the invoice is paid.

Is it possible to capture it as a sale when it is invoiced? Concerned it will mess me up at the end of the month when i have to remit taxes on sales from that month.

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jakesbrew! I'm really happy you're enjoying the system so far. Also, welcome to the Seller Community!! 

As far as invoices go, you are correct that they are only marked as a transaction once the invoice itself is paid, not when the invoice is sent. This is to keep reporting for income a little more accurate in case the customer doesn't pay at all. To have it show as a transaction when sent is a feature request, but you can always view your invoices sent vs. invoices paid on the Invoices Dashboard. I think this will help you, but definitely let me know if you have any other questions.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank-you for that response

What do you mean by feature request?  Does that mean it is available to change on my own or that it is something you can asked to be changed?

Thank-you

Dave

jakes windsor brew

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@jakesbrew 

Means it's a feature that hasn't been implemented yet but currently being tracked by the Product Team. 

Learn more about how feature requests are prioritized here

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4