x

Why do i get a reader not ready message?

I have the Contactless and chip reader. it connects to my app just fine but then i get the message "Reader not ready - tap here to learn more"

tap there and.... i try to reconnect any number of times then i get a message that says "Account not activated"

Then i got to my dash board and click the start up guide.... it tells me to take a payment!!!!!!

Heeeeeelllllpppp!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Bonnie56

Check out this Support Article for some troubleshooting steps for your Contactless + Chip Reader. 

Please let me know if these don't do the trick and you're still having issues. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 13

I've been through that support article and my device will pair with the reader just fine but i still can't take a payment I'm told to 'activate my account'.  to activate my account I'm told to take a payment.

Message 3 of 13

I can't call support! I can't get this issue resolved so I thought I'd deactivate and start over.  I can't deactivate cuz I can't take card payments!!!!!!  What???!!!  I'm so DONE!!

Message 4 of 13

Hey @Bonnie56

So sorry about that! We have limited support over the weekend. On that contact page, you should see some options for messaging or emailing our Support Team too. 

They will be able to reactivate your account and get some more information on what you're experiencing with your account. 

Kassi
Message 5 of 13

I sent a message to them on Thursday.  

Message 6 of 13

hi,Bonnie

i am facing same issue from last do days.if you have solve your problem yet,please help me out waiting for your response.

Message 7 of 13

will do...

Message 8 of 13

@joyaa and @Bonnie56 if you're having trouble reaching out to Support, please reach out to us on Social Media and we can help get you connected. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 9 of 13

Great idea! What group do you suggest? I found the Square page but that seems to be advertising only. 

Message 10 of 13

@Square or @sqsupport will work.

AshleyK
Message 11 of 13

It’s working now! But I had to establish a new account. I was more careful of the category choices I made which resulted in a reduction in the information they wanted ( even though that was optional) and I put in my SIN number. 

I did receive an email from support telling me they couldn’t help me!! NOT impressed with the support available! But thank you to those who tried to guide this newbie.  

Bonnie

Message 12 of 13

@Bonnie56 I'm really happy it's working for you! I understand your frustration in support's reply, but it sounds like your first account failed our identity verification. In those cases, there really is nothing they can do as we verify seller's identities through a 3rd party and no action can be done to reverse the decisions from them. 

AshleyK
Message 13 of 13