x
Beta Member

checkout delivery option does not show

I'm new to square. I'm trying to set up a delivery option at checkout. I don't want a pickup. 

I toggled off the pickup and set up the delivery option but when you go to checkout via the direct link

there's no option for delivery. I wish this was more user friendly. The local delivery article doesn't help. I've been trying to figure this out for hours.

Leah B Fretwell
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @Peacefulblend-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

It sounds like you're talking about Delivery & Pickup settings, for checkout links. Is that correct? 

If so, checkout links won’t use any of the settings from the Square Online Store, including fulfillment methods (like delivery). Perhaps this is something that may change in the future, but not as of right now. Does that help clear things up? 

If you want to use the Delivery & Pickup features, you'll have to use your Square Online Store and send links from here. Does that make sense? Let me know! 👀

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you for letting me know. I do have a website already so I’m hesitant to create a site with square. I don’t want to have to pay for 2 sites. But I really wish I would of known about square before. I ordered a card reader for orders. My Etsy shop is synced with square. So I’m just so new to this whole thing and a little unsure how it all works. I was hoping I could have the option to send a direct link just because I would make more profit because Etsy takes a lot now for every sale. 

Leah B Fretwell
Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Peacefulblend I'm answering for Isabelle since I ran across this thread. I hear you, I wouldn't want to have two online stores either. On the plus side, setting up an online store with Square is free. You can always upgrade the store to a paid tier later on, but many sellers don't reach that level. 

I understand you would still have two online stores, but it's just something to consider as you decide which online store you are going to work with.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you 😁 that makes sense then, I’ll have to do it that way. 

Leah B Fretwell
Message 5 of 5