x

connecting WIX domain to Square Online Website

I have just started a Square Online website. I upgraded to enable me to use my domain. The domain was purchased through WIX. I am unable to find out how to connect my domain to my Square website. I am VERY inexperienced and need detailed hand holding through the steps. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @fourpeas,

Thanks for getting in touch!

There's no need to transfer your domain to Square Online/Weebly, you can keep the domain at your current provider and point it at Square Online.

You can find a detailed guide for doing this here  and a discussion on doing this via Wix here.

Please keep in mind that we don't have visibility into the Wix end, so it is possible you may also need to get in touch with their support team for further help - hopefully the above resources are enough to get the job done though!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Agency Partner

@Seamus i have the same issue. i already contacted wix support they said to let your new site host know you need to point your domain to them without changing name servers as this is not possible with a Wix domain. 

i already fill the A(host) just like instruction, i need info what to fill on CNAME field. please help?

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @gegenism, thanks for reaching out.

To be honest I'm not too familiar with how this process works, however we have a general guide for domain settings - does this give you the info you're after?

Failing that, I'm wondering if the issue you're seeing is the same as in this thread? From what I can see, if you have a domain at Wix and want to forward it to a Square Online website this is something they don't currently support, and you may need to instead transfer the domain to your Square Online website.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions or if I've misunderstood the request!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8
Agency Partner

thanks seamus. yes my issue was actually the same as in that thread but turns out we dont have to fill the CNAME record on wix domain, only the A record and the domain will connect just fine.

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Thanks for the update @gegenism - super helpful to know!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8

Can I please see step by step instructions for this process? It is very confusing!

Message 7 of 8

Did you have to delete the default A name record from the Wix site for it to connect to Square? Did Square give 2 A name records with the same values but different Name 'www' and '@'? Do you enter both even though values are identical?

Message 8 of 8