x

connecting two ipads to square?

Hi is it possible to connect two devices (Ipads) to square so staff can take orders at the table?  I can connect through the same account but it only charges and doesnt save to the table? can any one help with this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @nicmonsta,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

It sounds like you may be interested in Open Tickets!

With this feature, you can create, save, and edit an order before completing a sale on your iPad or Android tablet. You can also print a bill before closing a ticket. 

This feature is commonly used in restaurants to track tables before closing them off and finalising a transaction when the table has finished. You can name each ticket "Table 1", "Table 2" etc as needed.

Learn more about Open Tickets with Square in our Support Centre at https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5337-use-open-tickets-with-square

Let me know if you have any other questions. I’d be glad to help!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

hi, I can use open tickets on the main Ipad, but having trouble making it happen on the mobile ipad, only has charge? is there something i can do?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @nicmonsta,

Have you made sure to manually turn on open tickets on both devices? Open ticket settings are unique to each device, so the feature needs to be activated on each device you wish to use it on.

If you go to Settings > Open Tickets on your second device you should be able to turn it on from there 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4