x

Account not Verified for accepting transactions?

I just signed up with Square and provided all the necessary info, name, address, Social Security, etc. and the app could not verify me based off the info I put in.  I tried every address I've ever lived at, which is only two, and double checked my social each time to ensure it was correct and it still couldn't verify the account.

I'm looking to start accepting payments ASAP, but I haven't seen any other options on how to get the account verified still, even after it was created.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I remember there being a two step verification. After you enter all your contact ancd business info, then step one is to enter your bank account information and do a test transaction to make sure it works. Step two was that Square either sent me a text or called my cell phone, which was the device I planned to used my Square reader on. Do you remember doing both of these steps?

Message 2 of 4

No I don't remember it having both parts.  The initial regisration when I created my account was where I entered all my personal information and SS, but every time I entered it in it gave me an error message saying " we can't get you verified at this time" and it had a link that led to an error page when I tried to access it.  So that's mainly where I'm stuck.

I did try and add all the Business information later on, and I believe that worked, but it still had a message that said I wouldn't be able to accept payments yet, because my account wasn't fully verified.

Not sure if there's any way to re-verify my personal info so that it goes through and i do the test transaction etc.  Might just be a question for their Support Team, but any help is really appreciated!

Message 3 of 4

Hmmm...did you ever get to the part where it asks you for a bank routing and account #? When I got stuck with a question I sent and email and they were pretty quick to reply. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4