x

Adding keywords to items

Is there a way to add keywords to items so that they will get picked up in searches at the register? I have found that when I add words to the "description" field, they come up in searches on the back end, but not at the register. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @MIrabellesBaker 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community! We appreciate you taking the time to post your question here. Hopefully this space proves to be a helpful resource in your effort to grow your business!

In regards to your question concerning keywords in item descriptions, this is unfortunately a known limitation. Would you mind clarifying where you see this data show up on your "back end"?  I am curious to if it would offer a workaround for other Sellers who are also looking for this feature.

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for your reply. I put keywords in the Description field when I create an Item. The words in that field are searchable when you are working with Items.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Ah, got it. Thanks for stepping in to assist @pessosices @MIrabellesBaker.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

@Joe I believe that @MIrabellesBaker means that on the web dashboard items are searchable by words in the description.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hi Pesso,

I just saw you on the Friday meeting the other day (I'm the loser with the mic that wasn't functional- next time I'll have my airpods ready). I'm still working on my Weebly items, but it looks as if I'll be able to slide them over into Square Online soon since the editor is identical. I'm entering in keywords for pages in the editor. It says I should put a comma between words, but I just realized I've been putting a comma and a space between words. Is this a problem? Insights? (Don't worry, I'll surely have some more intelligent questions as time goes on)

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @ShannonBowen 

No worries at all - it happens to the best of us!

Best of luck with the switch & transition!

I think a space would only help and definitely not hurt at all - it should work just fine that way!

Looking forward to seeing more of ya around here & the roundtables

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 7 of 7