x

Are Loyalty members notified when they earn a reward?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Loyalty reward

Are Loyalty members notified when they earn a reward? If not, is there a way to notify them? I see that I am able to send them an SMS with a link to their status, but i want them to get a notification saying “you’ve earned a reward”.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

hey @Keani

Yes! When a Loyalty customer earns a reward, they automatically get an SMS Text Message telling them that they earned a reward, along with a link to check their status.

Here's what it looks like:

IMG_C135F878C39F-1.jpeg

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

hey @Keani

Yes! When a Loyalty customer earns a reward, they automatically get an SMS Text Message telling them that they earned a reward, along with a link to check their status.

Here's what it looks like:

IMG_C135F878C39F-1.jpeg

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 2 of 8

Do they still get notified if they have acquired the points by having them manually added to their profile? Or is there a delay between reaching the reward tier and getting the notification? Because I tried adding points to my personal loyalty account to test it, but have not recieved a message to my phone about having earned a reward. Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Thanks for circling back with that information, @Keani. That does sound a bit strange—the customer should receive the notification as soon as they receive the reward.🤔

If the message still has not gone through, it may be best to have a member of our Customer Success Team take a look behind the scenes. When you have the chance, please send them more details on which customer should have received the reward notification. With that, they'll be able to open up a case internally for further review. Hope this helps clear things up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

@Tom @Keani 

Hmm, I just tried this on my own account, manually adding enough points to reach a reward, and I also did not get a notification text. Maybe there’s a bug/feature in that it only gives a notification for rewards earned by points by purchases?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 5 of 8
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to test that out, @pessosices. I'll see if I can find your example and surface with our Customer Engagement Team. We'll circle back with any other details as soon as possible.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 8
Admin

Confirmed:

I had the chance to take a deeper dive into this with one of our product folks. @pessosices is correct, automatic notification texts only go out for rewards earned by purchases.

Manually adjusting Square Loyalty stars/points will not result in an automatic notification. This will help prevent unintended notifications to the buyer and offers sellers a level of discretion for manual adjustments. If you do make an adjustment to a buyer's loyalty stars/points and would like to send out a notification, you can do so manually from the online Square Dashboard > Directory > select customer > Loyalty Summary > . . .Send Status. With that, an up-to-date text message will go out with their current Loyalty balance.

I apologize for the confusion earlier. Thanks for your patience and please don't hesitate to let us know if any questions remain.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 7 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks for the clarification @Tom 

I definitely understand the want for discretion - but on that note, when the customer goes to the status page, it shows every manual adjustment anyway (along with the employee/owner’s first name), so there’s very little discreetness there. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 8 of 8