x

Bank account won’t connect

I have tried to link my bank account 3 times and it seems to disappear. I get no notification although there are deposits waiting. Anyone know why?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Sandraradja,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble linking your bank account to Square.

It sounds like you may have a non-compatible bank account type - generally the reason bank accounts won't link is that they won't allow Square to withdraw money from the account, which is needed in the event you process a refund via Square. You should be receiving email notifications each time it fails - please check your email for these notifications.

In order to link a bank account to Square, you will need to ensure that:

1) It is a transactional account that allows us to make deposits and withdrawals.
2) Requires no more than one signatory to access the account. (multiple signatories is OK as long as it requires no more than one signature to access funds)
3) Has at least $1 in the account so we can complete test transactions.

If the current one isn't working we recommend trying a different account that meets the above criteria. If you'd like to chat further with support please feel free to get in touch on 1800 760 137!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2