x

Barcode printer label sizing...

There is no way that I can find to change the size of label for printing barcodes.

I have a dymo 450 label printer (as recomended by yourselves). However there only seems to be 1 label option (Dymo 1933085 LW Durable 19mm x 64mm). How do I use a different size??

Message 1 of 30
Report Inappropriate Content
29 REPLIES 29
Admin

Hey @Electricalshop, thanks for raising this! I check my test account and I can also only see one label option for the Dymo printer. I've reached out to our Retail team for some more clarification on this so I'll be sure to follow up once I know more.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 30
Admin

Hey @Electricalshop, thanks for bearing with me! From chatting with the team, there are a few things they recommend checking:

• Please make sure you have the drivers downloaded for your compatible printer. You can find the Dymo driver list here
  • Make sure you're using a compatible and up to date browser. We recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Safari. If you are still experiencing an issue, try clear the cache on your browser as well.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 3 of 30

Hello again! !

The driver was downloaded and I updated it.

The browser is fully updated windows 10 pro.

I cleared the cache.

Still not giving any other label size options (why are they sooo expensive in that size!!!).

๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 4 of 30
Admin

Hey @Electricalshop, thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry that the steps above didn't help. Let me check in with our team again and see if there's anything else we can do to get the label sizes. 

Tra
Message 5 of 30

Hi again! This is rather frustrating! I tried to order some but.....

"I am very sorry but we have tried to order these labels from our suppliers and I am afraid that they have advised they have been discontinued and we are no longer able to order them."

So now I seem to be stuck with a machine (as recommended by your selves) for which a multitude of labels are available except the only one that your software will work with is now discontinued! 

Message 6 of 30
Admin

Hi @Electricalshop, really sorry about this!

From checking with our team, it looks like we only have a small subset of label sizes we support in the UK at the moment. If you can let me know where you are buying the labels from, I can share with our team that this particular size is discontinued so we can get support for more label sizes in the UK. 

Tra
Message 7 of 30

Has nobody else had this problem...?

Message 8 of 30
Beta Member

I'd be happy (right now) if I could find exactly WHERE I go to print my own Barcodes - THEN I might understand what you guys are on about!!!

Message 9 of 30
Admin

Hi @Freshacre, I will do my best to help! Before we start, the ability to print labels is only available with a Square for Retail Plus subscription at the moment. 

If you have subscribed to Square for Retail Plus, you should see Print Labels as an action when you go to your Square Dashboard > Items > Item Library > Action.

Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 11.27.35.png

You can read more about creating and printing barcode labels with Square for Retail in our Support Centre

Tra
Message 10 of 30
Super Seller

Yes weโ€™re having this issue too! Have been waiting for ages for smaller sizes to be made available, as we have small products and the only label options we have now are too big for the products!!

Message 11 of 30
Admin

Hi @artizansty, thank you for letting us know! From my last check in with the team, we are working to build out support for more label sizes. If possible, can you share with me which label sizes you are looking at/would like to use? That way, I can share it with the team too. 

Tra
Message 12 of 30
Super Seller

Hi! We use the Avery labels in the following sizes:

18x10mm

20x25mm

26x16mm

25x10mm

Being able to print a price and barcode at the very least, and potentially a product name as well would be grand!

Message 13 of 30
Admin

Thanks for that @artizansty, I really appreciate the additional information. I've shared this across to the Retails team so they will have a better understanding of what label sizings we need in the UK.

Let me know if you have any other question and I'll be happy to help!

Tra
Message 14 of 30
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen we're really keen to know when any of these sizes can be made available? We are going to embark on a full stocktake and labelling activity and if they're coming in the short term we will hold off to use a smaller and more ideal label size than the giant ones available now.

Thanks!

Message 15 of 30
Admin

Hey @artizansty, thanks for following up on this! I don't have a timeline or date to share as to when additional label sizes will be available in the UK, but this may take another while for our team to roll out. I'll be sure to share all the details here once I have them as well. 

Tra
Message 16 of 30

Hi, I wonder how you have all these different-sized Avery labels available? I tried to print the labels, and the only size offered is Avery 17 x 44 mm. You can't buy this size anywhere, what is the point in providing a size that is not available/ or may be discontinued? 

Message 17 of 30

I'm in the same boat - I want to implement barcodes in the shop that I run, but being in the UK with Square I can't justify spending ยฃ50 per month on subscription to Square for Retail Plus when all of the templates are geared for the US market. 

If Square were able to provide details on the encoding/symbology used to create the barcodes I could at least get started on creating labels and labeling everything in the shop sure in the knowedge that the barcodes are compatible with the Square platform, but I've no idea what barcode encoding the SKU uses. Can square help me out on this?

Message 18 of 30

Do your products have bar codes already?

Message 19 of 30

No, they're all handmade by local crafters and artists. We've got over 3,000 items in the shop at any one time. I've done a stock check and can create SKUs for each of them, but I'd like to put barcodes on the labels to manage inventory better. Stuck right now though.

Message 20 of 30

If so ...

Scan the item into your square system

I then use my laptop and cut and paste the bar code into the printer software. I also save that bar code into the laptop for future use.

Message 21 of 30