x

Because i have just opened the acct, would that be why it hasnt been verified and now going to take

Because i have just opened the acct, would that be why it hasnt been verified and now going to take another 5 days

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Sweetscents,

Thanks for reaching out!

The first time you link a bank account to your Square account it does take approx. 5 business days to verify the link. You'll also want to make sure the account is able to link with Square. There are a few different scenarios that can cause bank verification to fail:

Bank Account Typo
Carefully enter your bank account details. Typing errors in your BSB or account number can cause your verification to fail. 

Insufficient Funds
Square’s verification deposit and withdrawal may process simultaneously. You’ll need at least $1.00 in your bank account before you restart the bank verification process.

Non-transactional Bank Account
Square requires the ability to credit and debit funds from your account, in the event that you process a refund for a transaction we have already deposited to you. A non-transactional account does not allow funds to be debited.

Multiple Signatures Required for Direct Debit or Withdrawal Authorisation
Square requires the ability to set up a direct debit on the account, in the event that you process a refund for a transaction we have already deposited to you. When Square tries to set up the direct debit, our request will fail as not all signatories will have authorised us to do this.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Seamus,

I need to set up a new Square account for an event on Saturday. Would it be ready for the event you think? I'm mainly talking about the whole bank verification process. Can we take payments in the newly created Square account while the bank account is being verified?

Thank you,

Dominique

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Domi,

Thanks for getting in touch!

While we're not able to look into specific accounts via the seller community forum, you should be notified if the account had been activated for card processing at the end of the process - it requires a successful ABN check and ID verification. Not having a bank account linked won't prevent you from taking payments.

If you'd like to PM me your account email address I can take a further look, otherwise call our team on 1800 760 137!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4