x

Benefits or differences between Appointments vs. Invoices.

What is the benefit or advantage of using one or the other? I'm referring to Square Appointments vs. Square Invoices.

From what I can tell, in appointments you can do basically everything that you can through invoices. However, appointments has the appointment and calendar side of the business as well.

So is appointments a more robust App/site to use? Or am I missing something? Should I keep both apps installed on my phone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Chippottle 

appointments is the service/app that is used to - you guessed it - create appointments for your clients. It’s simple to use

invoices is more of a service used to create “receipts” for your clients - they are ≠ to appointments

Does that make sense? If not, please feel free to reply to my message

thx,

Fellow Business Owner

If any of the answers that are provided by me are helpful, please Mark as Best Answer.
Message 2 of 4

That doesn't answer my question whatsoever. It seems you only reiterated what I stated.

Anyone else have any actual helpful input?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Chippottle- Thanks for reaching out, happy to provide some input. Also, @hotelorleans thank you for offering your input, pretty much sums it up. 

While you are correct Square Appointments does offer the invoice feature Square Invoices app offers estimates, the ability to send contracts, and build templates to streamline invoices. You can view more information on Square Invoices here. Square Appointments is will allow you to streamline booking for customers in-person or online. What subscription is going to work best for you is really going to be up to your business needs, I always advise sellers they can just start with the free basic Standard Point of Sale application that does allow you to send invoices as well, and then if you need more features like the ability to add create templates or send estimates you can always add Square Invoice Plus down the line, the same thing with Square Appointments. I hope this offered some clarification, let me know if you have more questions!

Message 4 of 4