x
Beta Member

Café POS template

Anyone have a good csv template for a café they can share? Or point me in the direction where I can source one. Trying to transition from another POS and brain in over drive already. Ideally need the basic coffee menu with mods/options setup etc? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @littlemikescafe,

Thanks for posting!

While we're not able to provide pre-filled item CSV templates, if you're having trouble with entering items or moving them from another system to Square, I recommend making at least one item in your inventory manually via the Dashboard.

Once you do this you'll be able to export your Square item inventory (with its one item) and that will generate a spreadsheet with all the right column header formatting for the spreadsheet to work with Square.

If you've already got this far, it would be a matter of copy and pasting info from one spreadsheet to another, then correcting any errors that appear if/when you upload.

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

I'm not sure if any other sellers have templates they'd like to share, but generally we recommend building your inventory / menu from the ground up (or via spreadsheet as above) to ensure it meets your businesses individual needs.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks for the inspiration. Migrating from Kounta so I’ll give your suggestions a crack!

Message 3 of 5

im migrating from Kounta as we speak & experiencing the same issues, any tips?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LouisJBL welcome to the Seller Community!

Other than what Sheamus has already suggested above, we don't have any further tips or workarounds to share. As the import tool is originally designed to support the transfer of inventory from one Square account to another, it can become more of a manual process when importing from a 3rd-party platform. With that being said, it is still possible but may take a few tries before you've established the correct formatting. 

The best practice is to follow these steps to get started. Our advice is to test this with a single item first to ensure this is working as expected. After this, you can continue to add the remaining items to your CSV file to import. Keep these troubleshooting steps handy along the way should you run into any formatting errors. 

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5